Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby It's COLD outside!!!


In fact, it's quite brutal!!! Currently it's a balmy 4 degrees with a wind chill of -21. Chris asked me if I want to go skiing on Mon. since he's off work and the girls are out of school. Personally, I don't have a problem with 12 degree temperatures as long as I'm bundled up and having fun. However, it sort of takes away from the enjoyment when you're standing at the top of a mountain with a child who's crying and refusing to ski down because she's too cold. Besides, it doesn't help with my candidacy for "Mom of the Year". So we'll see what the weather does.

This is the time of year I start dreaming about a beach vacation. Ahhhhhhh........if only....

For those of you wondering if I'm still stuck in a blizzard (Nic) :), no....just stuck indoors staying out of the frigid temperatures, and with the hubby at work every day and the kids at school, there doesn't seem to be much excitement going on to blog about. And I was doing SO well....

January has a way of flying by way too fast. We finally get the kiddos back to school, try to catch up on everything we fell behind on with the crazy holidays, get a jump start on all the goals for the new year, and POOF...it's gone. Despite the lack of excitement and the brutal temperatures, I'd personally like to have it slow down just a bit.

Speaking of goals for the new year...I've been wanting to join a gym. However, we got a Wii for Christmas, and I'm thinking a few Wii games a day, and I'm in good shape!! :) It'll hurt ya!!!! Seriously!!!! By the way, I've gone pro in Boxing (and bowling), and I'm pretty much unbeatable. So Nathan, Mom, Chris....you can laugh all you want about my form, and you can tell me all about how it's done, but who's the queen of boxing???? I say KO!!!!!

10 comments:

nic said...

heheh...glad you made it out of that blizzard! ooh, yes--i'm all about a beach vacation right about now. i was just telling hubby this morning that i'm quite done with the snow so it can all go away now please.

where shall we go? caymans? south pacific?

Annette said...

You pick, and I'll get my bags packed!! :)

Willow Tree said...

Oh I agree a beach vacation sounds so good right now with all of the slush we have here...yuck!
LOL at the mom of the year award I agree I love to ski but when its cold I would prefer to sit in the lodge and sip cocoa, do you think it counts if you are "watching them ski"? :)
Brooke

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh my!! I gasped out loud when I read your temperatures. How miserable!!

I might tag along with you and Nic.

Spring can't come soon enough for me.

Timi said...

Oh Annette! That is soooo cold! Good thing you have the wii :)

Holly Stocke said...

Well, I saw the pic & thought, "she hasn't posted in a while." Goodness, girl! It is still freezing cold there. Come visit me to warm your buns.

Hol

Love said...

yuck! i'm with you! we're right around 0 degrees here & i'm way over it. i don't want to wish away the year...but i'm done w/ the cold!

we always plan a warm vacation for february or i think i'd lose my mind!! =)

Laurie said...

He he he, Annette! I'm the queen of boxing and bowling at my house too! ROFLMBO, drives my daughter CRAZY!!! She boxes until she can't box no more just trying to whoop up on me! NOT HAPPENING!!!

Sorry it is so cold there, wish I could send you some of my sunny warm weather!

HUGS..
Laurie

janae said...

Annette,
Hope you don't mind my comment. I love your new designs you emailed to your list. Very cute. We got a Wii too. The rest of the family usually plays while I blog, but after your comment about keeping in shape while playing...maybe I need to put down the computer and box.

Annette said...

Beki...get those bags packed!!!!! Laurie...PLEASE send some of those warm temps this way!!!!!

Thanks Janae!!!!! :) How're ya doin' girl???