Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's the weather lady here...

I'm starting to feel like I'm a walking weather report. Every conversation, newsletter, post, thread, etc., begins with a report on the weather. As if people want to hear that. As if it's any different than the last time you heard from me. It's cold today. It was cold yesterday. It will be cold tomorrow. Let's face it though...when you live in a place like this in the winter, there's not much to talk about BUT the weather. I long to step out and enjoy the sun, and I DO enjoy the sun...we have GREAT sun. It's just that the -5 wind chill temperature IS a bit nippy....despite our great sun. So...as much as I'd love to give a photo presentation of my lovely walk in the park this morning, showing you pictures of squirrels climbing trees, children playing on the merry-go-round, leaves blowing around in the breeze (a.k.a. 40 mph gusts)...it didn't happen. Instead, I'll grace you with a list of things that have made me happy this week.

- A good book
- Starbucks Vanilla Lattes (I've lost count)
- Friends who make me laugh
- Listening to my daughter sing in the tub when she didn't know I was listening
- An unexpected day off (due to a power outage)
- Bubble Baths
- Snow
- The smell of my new candles
- A Rice Krispy treat with caramel in the middle (for breakfast)
- A HUGE compliment from a favorite friend
- Music that makes me want to dance
- Customers who are wonderful
- A tax return with a positive amount in the refund box
- A dog who snores
- Watching my girls use their talents
- A husband who tells me I'm beautiful

9 comments:

janae said...

What a great list of happy things. Try to stay warm!!!

angie.a said...

Wonderful post!

Timi said...

I love your happy list Annette :) but, how's the weather? lol

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That's a great list. I have Spring fever so bad I can taste it!

Annette said...

Timi....it's sunny and 73 degrees, with only a light breeze......NAH!!!!! lol

Felicitys*Flair said...

Great List annette!!

jenn

nic said...

you are so rich, girlie. :) often i find a gap between having blessings and recognizing them...but you are totally on top of this. good on ya.

Willow Tree said...

Love your list! The weather here is awful today, what a great day to catch up on everyones blog:)
Brooke

Giraffikiki Kids said...

Thanks for that, Annette. I needed to put things in perspective. I have been griping about the weather non-stop for the last week. I have many things to be thankful for and thanks for reminding me of that. :) Shelley