Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mmmmmm.........mmmmmm............


The beginning of the new school year has given me a sudden desire to become Martha Stewart. And let me tell ya...my family is NOT complaining.

Last week I found a great recipe for homemade GRANOLA BARS. They were a huge hit for breakfast, backpacks, and briefcases. In fact, it was requested that I make them again this week, which I did.

This week, I've decided to make homemade SANDWICH BREAD (and a few rolls to boot). They've been tested and highly approved, and I was asked to "please make it all the time". So I suppose that's something I'll be doing on a regular basis now. Oh my! The house does smell good while it's baking!

Homemade yogurt is a common occurrence around here too. And I guess it's not really a desire to become Martha. It's not like I even watch her show. (although I happened to today, and they were making Goat Cheese...hmmmmmm) Seriously though...I'm starting to think about all the junk in the stuff we get at the store, and I'm kind of not liking it. Besides...it's kind of nice to get a little praise from the family! :)

7 comments:

It's Me: Jennie said...

Yum!!!! Time to drag out my dusty bread maker, LOL!!! You go girl!!

sweetfunkyvintage said...

Will you share your granola bar recipe???
I haven't made bread in so long, you have motivated me!
Missy
PS - Thanks for visiting my blog!

Annette said...

Missy...SURE THING! I got it from another blog, and it's as wonderful as she says!
http://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/04/11/homemade-granola-bar-recipe-no-high-fructose-corn-syrup-in-these-bars/

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You're getting crunchy! I love it. :)

nic said...

i've been feeling the same way, and making a ton of homemade baked goods around here...and trying to get the kiddos to opt for simple foods (fruits and veggies) over the processed snacks they've been conditioned to crave.

idk if anyone else in my family is loving this, but i'm a lot happier. :)

janae said...

It looks delicious! I'm really impressed. I still have to post on my award you gave me. Just have to figure out who to award it to.

Susie said...

I have put these recipes into my recipe file. the granola recipe looks so delectable! i love this sort of thing. Thanks for sharing.. tis the season to bake!