Friday, November 16, 2007

FOOTBALL!!!

It's the sport of kings...better than diamond rings... Or at least it was to Goldie Hawn in Wildcats. For me...not so much. You can take me to a baseball game anyday!!!! LOVE IT!!! Watching my kids play sports...THRILLING!!!! But football...I've tried, but it's just not my thing. However, this week it made me a WINNER!!! Every week during football season, our local radio station runs a contest. There are cards all over town, and my husband brings them home faithfully every week. You simply check mark the team that you think will win each game, and then for Monday night's game, you choose the winner and predict the score. Now...I'm not saying it was pure luck. Being surrounded by some sort of sports media pretty much anytime my husband isn't snoring, and even sometimes when he is, I think I absorb a lot of information that I'm not really aware that I know. As we dropped the cards in the drop box last Sat., I confidently told my husband, "if anyone wins, it will be me". Imagine my surprise when the phone rang on Tues., and the caller id told me it was the local radio station calling. There was a split second where I think my heart stopped...the GRAND prize is $5000. However, I knew my picks weren't perfect, so that only lasted for a split second. Believe it or not though, I...Miss Don't Know Anything About Football...was the FIRST PLACE WINNER!!!!!! I won $50!!! So today, I proudly walked into the radio station. There was a bell with a sign that said, "if you are a winner, please ring bell for service". Heck yeah I'm a WINNER!!!! I rang that bell loud and clear, and when the guy came to the front, I smiled and said, "I'M A WINNER!!!" And you know what he said??? He said, "Wow...you sure must know a lot about FOOTBALL." "Yes", I said, "I sure do!!" (I could tell he was impressed) And you see...that's the nice thing about ME...it doesn't take a lot to make me happy.

3 comments:

nic said...

Geesh, how is the grand prize $5K and first place only $50? You deserve more for your football expertise. :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Congrats on your prize, even if it was a small one. :)

I just realized that one of your dd's is named Paityn and I LOOOOOVE that name! If my most recent baby had been a girl, that would've been his name.

I also really love the Alison Krauss song you have playing. I always think it when I stop by here but don't remember if I've told you before or not. If I have, just chalk it up to me being overworked...

Willow Tree said...

Congrats on your win! Its so exciteing to win anything at all and I think $50 is great:)-Brooke