Sunday, November 4, 2007

A HULA BOWL?


Somehow it turned into a Hawaiian themed party, which is, of course, always a great idea for a November day in Wyoming. It would have been just a bit more festive except that I vetoed the swimming suits. I know, I know...I really should try to be a little more fun sometimes.

Somewhere around the 8th frame, the girls decided that tearing the flowers off of the leis and watching them hover over the fan at the ball return was PROBABLY even more fun than bowling.

We did have some very talented bowlers among us. We managed to have a ball stuck in the gutter, despite the use of bumpers, and personally, I think that's an indication of some great skill.

As for the cake, some blue sugar sprinkles for water, crushed vanilla wafers for sand, green sour strings for palm trees (atop the Twix trunks), a surfboard cut from a piece of gum, some candy rings as floaties, an old paper umbrella found in a drawer, and some Finding Nemo fruit snack fish made for a great BEACH cake. And hey...since most of them weren't mine, I figured why not send them home all sugared up.


6 comments:

It's Me: Jennie said...

Wow! Your little sweetie is so cute! Love all of the Fall pics & reads! Great blog Annette, I will check back soon!!

Jennifer

nic said...

girl, i didn't know you had a blog! you've been holding out on me! ;)

off to link to you...

It's Me: Jennie said...

No, I promise I wasnt holding out on you...You inspired me to create my blog yesterday! That is why there is only one post on it so far, lol!!! I just finally thought I should go ahead & creat it, I have wanted to for months & when I saw yours, it siked me up to try it out!! Hugs!!

Jennifer

Giraffikiki Kids said...

What fun, Annette! Shelley

Natalie Bacon said...

How totally fun!! Love all the themed stuff! I never knew you were in Wyoming! My bestfriend just moved there!

Tonya said...

love the perspective in your shots...

looks like a fun day...

Tonya